As the OWSI Program is the second part of the ITC, instructors from other organisations can do a crossover at any one of our scheduled Instructor Training Courses.
- Be certified as a Assistant Instructor or as a current instructor member in good standing with another recreational diver raining organization for at least 6 months.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement for a diving medical examination conducted within the past 12 months.
- Have been a certified diver for at least six months and have completed and logged at least 60 open water scuba dives (as documented in the individual’s log book) and have documentation of experience in deep, night and navigation diving.
- Submit proof of CPR and first aid training within the last 24 months.
- Submit documentation of any qualifying certification for entry-level, advanced, rescue and leadership-level issued by another recreational diver training organization.
To be certified as a Open Water Scuba Instructor you'll need to complete the full OWSI Program, show proof of having logged 100 dives, and complete the Instructor Exam. Prior to final certification, you'll show proof of being a current instructor in first aid and CPR.